Okay I'm finally in the mood to write something here so I combined my previous post together with it!
I think I've mentioned before, about why I like writing.
If not, I guess it's the memories that I could keep.
Like if I ever wanna recall something, I can just find it in my archives.
That is of course, provided you written them down haha!
I went to flip through my archives hoping to find my new year resolution for 2013 and I can't believe I thought it was mainstream to write one so I just wrote for people around me to be happy lol facepalm.
But I guess I achieved it !
The whole year I've been hearing from people that my smile cheered them up as well. And I'm really thankful for braces hahah not that I don't smile without them. Just that I had relatively low self esteem because people made fun of them.
Anyhow, I'm gonna make sure I make my resolutions this year haha !
So.. I was just thinking about my life while I was showering ( one reason why I can take quite some time in the bathroom)
I used to grow up with really low self-esteem because my dad is very protective over me, I didn't get to keep long hair, I couldn't straighten my hair/dye it, no make ups, no nail polish.
But eventually I did all of them, it didn't mean he allowed, I kinda just went ahead without getting consent.
And I remember vividly how my dad would ask me to use thinner to remove my nail polish because I didn't have remover.
I never attended any camps in primary/secondary camps as well.
However, I managed to attend my first camp with church when my parents went overseas.
And guess what, from then onward, I could attend all the camps already!
Morale of story, don't let anybody stop you from doing the things you really want to!
I never understood why or how protective he was over me because it didn't really stop me from doing it as I grow up.
One thing I am still really thankful for everyday is that, even though I'm independent since young, I hung out with bad companies but I still good(hahaha however you define it)
He is still protective now, but I guess he know that I'm sensible enough to know what I can/not do.
Recently I went on a mission trip without consenting him as well and he was so furious we didn't talk even after I came back.
I'm kind of a family person so I was really down at that period of time hah.
Moving over to my relationships with people, I don't regret any friendships that I've made over the years.
Even though there were bad, but it was all the bad that taught me how to love and accept them.
Some left, some stayed and I'm very very thankful from the bottom of my heart.
Even though I get cranky at times, or I pushed you away but you stayed regardless :)
2014 resolution for friendships would be learning to love myself more and be my own bestfriend!
My spiritual life, my faith is still as strong or I would say I'm having more faith than ever because 2013 was filled with miracles and breakthrough.
2014 resolution spiritually is of course to find a ministry I really like so I can serve again.
And to relive my visions until it comes to past !
Character wise, I hope my smile will bless even more people.
Hoping to go for more mission trips in the coming year(s) !:)
Ok I shall end it here.
Thank you for being part of this journey together with me . ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment